We stayed on the Biltmore Estate for two full days, roaming the grounds. There was more than two days worth of activities but we managed. Our activities consisted of: buffet brunch, wine tasting, hiking, two tours of the estate, roaming the 8,000 acres, afternoon tea, two delicious dinners, swimming, and just relaxing in the beautiful rooms. Their beds were so comfortable I didn't want to get out of my bed, it was like sleeping on clouds. I really need to find out what kind of beds they use.
From Asheville we got on to FDR’s Blue Ridge Parkway which was just breathtaking. Surprisingly there weren't that many cars, mostly Harley Davidson motorcycles on route. At one point along the 80 miles to Cherokee, we kept running in to the same people at each pit stop. It was kind of nice to see some "familiar" faces a long the way.
The Great Smoky Mountains look as advertised, they really look like what you see on the postcards. I definitely saw the "smokiness" and the blue/grayness of the mountains. It is the most visited National Park, but I always thought it was Yellowstone or Yosemite. It is entirely different from the National Parks we have on the West Coast, it was a nice change of scenery.
We were so lucky it barely rained during our trip, on our way from Knoxville to Nashville we drove through a crazy storm to make lunch at Monell’s. For about 80 miles, we drove through the entire storm I am glad we made it safe and sound. We ended the trip on a high note, right where we started our adventure at Monell's.
The pictures from my trip can be found here. It was a great trip, the highlight was being with my dad as he relived his past at Tuskegee. ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment