Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Havasupai

On my recent failed adventure to Havasupai/The Grand Canyon, I ventured down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I say failed because during the 8 mile hike to the bottom my left knee gave out. Luckily, I was rescued by a horse for the last two miles of the hike. It was disappointing to venture down to Havasupai and not be able to see the beautiful waterfalls and water colors of the Havasu Creek. My parents and I planned a 3 night trip, so what did I do for two days?? I sat in a room unable to move with no tv and just two Time Magazines, so I got plenty of rest. Originally our plan was to pitch a tent and camp but since I got hurt we asked to stay at the Supai Hotel. My mom had been calling for weeks to reserve a room but the receptionist would always respond with no, nope, and nothing available. So we got lucky, the dentist failed to show up and we were able to stay at the hotel. On the day we were suppose to hike out I still couldn't really walk, so we hired a horse to take me the 8 miles. Oh man did my ass hurt afterwards, but it was definitely a really fun experience.

Pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment