Mango is one of my favorite fruits. Luckily it is mango season right now. As I was eating a mango today, I thought about my Aunt.
While I was in Taiwan the summer after high school, I stayed with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins. And during my stay, my Aunt being the thoughtful and kind woman that she is, would prepare mangos for me everyday after school. She knew that I loved eating mangos and went out of her way to buy them for me.
Even when we used to watch Korean dramas together after dinner, she also had mangos for me to eat. So now, every time I eat mangos I think of her.
My Aunt passed away a few months ago. For about 5 years now, she had been battling her second round of cancer. Even through her battle with cancer she would have mangos ready for me every time I visited. If you didn't know before hand that the cancer was plowing away at her body, you would not be able to tell she was suffering from a terminal illness. She never asked for anything.
Since, I am not an eloquent writer, I don't know how to describe her properly. But I will try.. My Aunt was a very intelligent and smart woman, who spoke in a manner that made everyone listen. She is one of the strongest women I have ever met and she was truly amazing. I will always admire her grace, beauty and strength.
She was generous enough to allow us to have have several of her paintings, that she herself painted. This is my favorite.

I miss her.
Aw. Big hugs. Now you have another Guardian angel. With MANGOS!
ReplyDelete