Tuesday, December 7, 2010

D is for Debbie

Today at work, I was slapped in the face with a shitty "placement" which I was very very unhappy about. I was probably being overly dramatic BUT I was actually starting like work a little until this morning.. So when lunch rolls around, I am super excited because I get to be out of the office YAY! Debbie changes our plans a little which I don't mind at all cause I am just happy to be out of the dungeon.

The conversation went something like this:

D: I need to go home to pick up something for home, is it ok if we eat somewhere else?
V: Ok, sure no problem.
We got into the car and started driving.
V: What do you need to pick up?
D: Just something I need to return at Target, today is the last day to return it.
V: Dang that's a long time Target returns are forever.
D: Yeah, it has been awhile.
Debbie goes into her house and comes out with a Target bag.
D: I was going to save this for Christmas but I thought you needed this after this morning.
Debbie gives me the bag and I pull out SOCK MONKEY slippers that I have been talking about forever!!
V: OMG WAHHHhhhh THANK YOU!!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!
V: Wait, what happened to the stuff you had to return at Target?
D: I LIED to you!
Then my light bulb went on.. :)

BEST LIE EVER!!! :) Thanks Debbie, seriously what would I do without you. And guess what? V is for VALERIE! BAM! I can't wait for #29 on your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment