When I feel just a little uncomfortable I have to give myself a little pep talk and give myself the confidence to speak up. Unless on the other hand, I have no idea who you are and believe that I will never see you again.
So one day I was taking the elevator and two guys walked in after me. And..what do they do..they press Floor 2. After pressing the 2 button, I made a big sigh of annoyance and I was like really?!? The second floor?!? One of the guys tried to defend himself by saying he had walked all the way from Bowles (a boys dorm clear across campus), but I wasn't having it and I just rolled my eyes.
I had forgotten about this incident until my 2008 summer semester in Taiwan, when I met Howard. A couple weeks into the program Howard and I had become pretty good friends, and then he confessed to me that he thought I was a total bitch before coming to Taiwan. He then proceeded to recount the day in the elevator when I had called him and his friend out on being lazy. And from that day he had deemed me "elevator bitch" but after getting to know me better he decided I wasn't so bitchy after all.
BAHAHAHA
Anyways, I have no problem confronting complete strangers, it is just people that matter I have this problem. This is something I am trying to work on because it has plagued me my whole life.
Cheers to working on flaws!
lmao, Val. You are too cute. I have an elevator bitch story to tell you from when I was in Hawaii!
ReplyDelete