Friday, June 25, 2010

Louis & Yvonne

This past weekend, Kevin and I drove up north to attend Louis and Yvonne's vineyard wedding. It was my first outdoor wedding and boy was it beautiful. The one thing I love about summer is the long days when we have sun sets around 8 but you can still see until 9ish, June 20th was that kind of day.

On their big day they wed under a big beautiful tree, which overlooked the vineyard. The ceremony was short and sweet, and you could definitely see their "little monkey" (that's what Yvonne calls the human being growing inside of her), in her lovely fitted dress. I am so excited to see that little one! Side note: I am always at Target with Nita hoping someone will have a baby soon, so we can buy the cute stuff in the baby/kids sections. Well now I guess I have someone to buy things for! :)

During Louis and Yvonne's first dance as a married couple, they chose the song I had suggested to play at their wedding. I felt honored they picked it. Of course I am obsessed with it and posted it up couple months back, it is the Bob Dylan song "Make You Feel My Love" covered by Adele.


I loved their center pieces, a box of edibles: eggplant, peppers, figs, lavender, and grapes. When Louis and Yvonne came to our table, the Sage table, Louis was shocked that our box was still full of edibles because unlike the rest of the Asians, we thought it was for decoration. The buffet dinner was colorful and delicious, I packed my plate to the max, no shame here! We ended the night with dancing and catching up with old friends. The wedding ended during twilight, which was perfect.

Sorry I have been bad about posting, my bad. I will try writing once a week instead of once a month. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment