Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Court Date

Today was the first time I was at a court house voluntarily. I went to to court with one of the attorneys from APALC, where I have been working for a month and a half, to follow through on one of my intakes from the center. Most of the cases we take at the center don't go to trial or court, so it was pretty exciting. This was the first time I was able to put a name to a face, and observe the court proceedings. For this particular call it was about an "unlawful detainer," which I received about two weeks ago. Well, a settlement was reached today and the client actually got what she wanted and something extra, it feels gooooodddd.

Hopefully more of my cases will end well, crossing my fingers.

Random Observation: One of the landlord attorneys in the courtroom looked exactly like Albert Finney! I kept staring at him... because that's not weird or anything. I swear he stepped right out of Erin Brockovich, the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment